You can copy CLS Series radio settings from one radio (the source) to a second radio using the 56531 Multi-Unit Charger (MUC) optional accessory. See the MUC User's Guide for more information. You can clone only one radio at a time. A multi-channel radio can clone to a single channel radio, but only the first channel is cloned. The MUC does not have to be plugged in for cloning, but both radios require charged batteries.
- On the source radio, press and hold Push to Talk and MON buttons for 3 seconds while turning the radio on. The radio beeps and displays PROG.
- Place the source radio in one of the charging pockets.
- Turn the target radio on and place it in the charging pocket that is paired with the pocket containing the source radio. There are 3 paired charging pockets as indicated by the 3 pairs of charging status LEDs.
- Press and hold the MON button on the source radio. The source radio transmits its settings to the target radio. If cloning was successful, P or Pass or “F” for Fail displays on the source radio and the target radio displays all feature icons. If cloning was not successful, F or Fail displays on the source radio.
- Turn the target radio off and back on again to use.
- To clone another radio, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- To exit programming mode on the source radio, press and hold Push to Talk until k no longer appears.