Troubleshooting your Guest, Coaster pager charger(s)
Start with the pagers:
Have all the pagers facing the same way - so the display is facing you and the power cords are coming out of the back - opposite direction - like you would normally set it up.
- In this case, the pagers should have lights flowing up the stack about once, every 7 to 10 seconds ( there about).
- If the lights are random and / or showing pager numbers, the pagers do not like the power they are getting.
Next, Determine the charger type that you have:
- Determine if you have the Solid Black chargers that use the 10 volt AC power supply adapter, or if you have the newer See-thru-Charcoal Gray DC chargers
- ensure the charger has the right type of power supply adapter plugged in.
- The DC smart chargers are a see-thru charcoal gray charger base. These are required to use the 12 volt DC power supply
- When the pagers are charging, there should be a red light showing on the charger base to indicate is is charging the pagers.
- The older type, Solid Black AC charger bases have to use the bigger, fatter, 10 volt AC power supply adapter.
- You will know if you have the AC power supply adapter plugged into the charger, because the transformer / power brick on the center of the power cable will have a big, fat, heavy square box.
- The 12 volt DC adapter has a smaller, thin rectangle power brick in the center of the cable. This one is used for the newer chargers and the all LRS transmitter models.
The New DC Smart Chargers were released in June 2021.
- At that time, we stopped selling the complete, older model, black, AC charger kits.
- For about a year, you could still buy the AC charger bases or power supplies separately, but not a full kit.
- So if buying a new system after May of 2021, it would have come with the DC smart chargers, and your charger would use a 12 volt DC power supply adapter.