We require using the Apple Airport Extreme to establish a WiFi network in your restaurants. It’s also important that there is space next to or nearby your router for the LRS Gateway, as you will be connecting it to the router in the following steps.
- Find a power source in a central location in your restaurant and connect the Airport Extreme.
- On your iPad, access Your WiFi menu in Settings, scroll down to the Set Up New Airport Base Station section. You should see a router listed with the title AirPort Extreme and followed by a unique serial number. Note: on the initial setup, "Set up New Airport Base Station" may take some time to appear.
- Select the Airport Extreme router. Create A New Network is selected by default.
- Next, enter a name for your Network. We recommend naming the network something related to Table Tracker such as "TT Network" or simply "Table Tracker."
- Enter a unique password for the network. This can NOT be changed later without resetting the Extreame, it's important that it's a strong password and that you communicate it to the restaurant management. Select Next. If prompted to save the password, we recommend that you agree to save it.
- The dialogue will prompt you to connect the router to an internet connection. We recommend you connect this WiFi network to the internet for reporting and activation purposes, but if you choose not to connect the WiFi the internet, this step can be bypassed by selecting Next and then Continue Anyway.
- If you are connecting an internet connection to this router, plug the ethernet cable into the internet port marked with a dotted circle. The setup screen should automatically advance once it detects an internet connection.
- The final step is Diagnostics and Usage data sharing. This setting is your choice, but for privacy purposes, we recommend selecting Don't Send.
- Select Done to complete the process.
- Select the Airport Utility app. iPads fulfilled by LRS will have this app automatically installed. For iPads provided by the customer, this application can be easily downloaded from the App Store.
- If the router is connected to the internet, its icon should be green. If it's not, the icon will be orange. Select the image of the router to view its settings and select Edit.
- In the Airport Extreme menu, select Advanced, then DHCP, then NAT, and finally Router Mode.
- Confirm that DHCP and NAT is selected. If it isn't, select it at this time.
- Use the Back button and then Select Done.
- After completing the setup, you'll likely receive a status message referring to Double NAT. If and when you receive this message, simply ignore it by sliding the selector on the error dialogue so it shows green. You'll know that the configuration is complete when the internet icon turns green.
Note: if your iPad was previously connected to another WiFi network at the location, it's important you Forget the network as iPads tend to switch to previous networks from time to time.