There are recommended networking requirements for Table Tracker and minimum speeds for your WAN and LAN to ensure the system works smoothly and properly.
Some important facts to know about the Table Tracker application and the key components.
- The Table Tracker application runs on an Apple iPad, and the iPad(s) communicate with an LRS Gateway on a LAN over a Wi-Fi connection via a Wi-Fi router.
- The Table Tracker gateway uses a wired connection to the Wi-Fi router.
- A Wide Area Network (WAN) provides connectivity to LRS Connect for reporting and monitoring.
- A Local Area Network (LAN) provides connectivity between the iPads and the Gateway.
- Providers of a WAN connection will often have different upload & download speeds.
- The Table Tracker application on the iPad discovers the LRS Gateway using the Bonjour protocol.
Recommended Configuration Set-up:
LAN Speed: 10 Mbps upload & download speeds (A typical wireless router will provide in excess of 10 Mbps for both upload & download speeds)
WAN Speed: 3 Mbps upload & download speeds (A DSL or Cable modem package above the basic level can provide the Recommended Configuration for the WAN)
Minimum Configuration Requirements:
LAN Speed: 5 Mbps upload & download speeds (A typical wireless router will provide in excess of 5 Mbps for both upload & download speeds)
WAN Speed: 256 Kbps upload & download speeds (A DSL or Cable modem package above the basic level can provide the Recommended Configuration for the WAN)
Wide Area Network Examples:
- Verizon High-Speed Internet provides .5 to 1 Mbps download & 384 Kbps upload.
- Verizon High-Speed Internet Enhanced provides up to 15 Mbps download & 786 Kbps upload.
- Time Warner Basic Internet provides 3 Mbps download & 1 Mbps upload.
- Time Warner Standard Internet provides 15 Mbps download & 1Mbps upload.
To learn more read our WiFi Overview article.
To learn more about which router is recommended to work with Table Tracker, please read the Certified Wireless Routers article.