In order to use SMS messaging or to update your firmware over the internet, the networking capabilities on the TX-7470 need to be enabled. The steps below will allow you to enable and configure your transmitter for network access.
1. Press SETUP and enter Password.
2. Press 3) Other.
3. Press F2 (Down).
4. Press 3) Network.
5. Press 1) Configure Network.
6. Press 2) Enabled
7. Choose between DHCP and Static (details below)
For Users on DHCP Network (Most common)
From Step 7 when screen displays "Network Type".
1. Press 1) DHCP
For Users on Static Network
For users on a Static Network, the user will need a valid IP Address available on their internal network. Contact your local Network Administrator for an available IP address.
Note: If an IP Address has one or two digits, the address must be written out fully (example 192.168.7.17 must be entered 192.168.007.017.)
From Step 7 when screen displays Network Type
1. Press 2) Static
2. Enter IP Address to assign for the T7470 Transmitter on Network and press ENTER
3. Enter Netmask address for the T7470 Transmitter on Network and press ENTER
4. Enter default gateway address for the T7470 Transmitter on Network and press ENTER
5. Enter DNS address for the T7470 Transmitter on Network and press ENTER