In order to use SMS messaging or to update your firmware over the internet, the networking capabilities on the TX-7471 need to be enabled.
Updated: SMS and connection to LRS Connect will only work on a TX-7471 transmitter. Please consult your sales rep if needing to set up an SMS and / or LRS Connect waitlist plan.
The steps below will allow you to enable and configure your transmitter for network access.
1. Press SETUP and enter Password 31337
2. Press 3) Other.
3. Press F2 (Down).
4. Press 3) Network.
5. Press 1) Configure Network.
6. Press 2) Enabled
7. Choose between DHCP and Static (details below)
For Users on DHCP Network (Most common)
From Step 7 when screen displays "Network Type".
1. Press 1) DHCP
then press the F4 button several times to exit from the menu
Power cycle the transmitter so it will establish the DHCP network connection. To do this - just pull the power from the back of the transmitter. Wait for 3 to 5 seconds, and then plug it back in.
The T7471 transmitter should show ONLINE in about 26 seconds or less.
For Users on Static Network
For users on a Static Network, the user will need a valid IP Address available on their internal network. Contact your local Network Administrator for an available IP address.
Note: If an IP Address has one or two digits, the address must be written out fully (example 192.168.7.17 must be entered 192.168.007.017.)
From Step 7 when screen displays Network Type
1. Press 2) Static
2. Enter IP Address to assign for the Transmitter on Network and press ENTER
3. Enter Netmask address press ENTER
4. Enter default gateway address press ENTER
5. Enter the Primary DNS address and press ENTER
Every quadrant requires 3 numbers.
Example If the IP is 10.12.13.561 - it has to be typed in as 010.012.013.561
- when done, the screen will go back to Configure · press the F4 key several times to exit out of the menu.
Next - Power cycle the transmitter when done
pull the power from the back of the transmitter, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.
the transmitter should show ONLINE ins about 26 seconds or less.
If you want to check the IP on the transmitter after you set the static IP and then power cycle it:
On the transmitter - Press the set up key
type in 2, 9, 1, 6, 3
press 2 for Diagnostics
press 2 for system status
press the F1 key repeatedly 14 times until you see ETHERNET - status should say OK
press the F1 key a couple more times looking for HOST IP
The Host IP should match the static IP set up for the transmitter.
- To see the Mac address, you would press the F1 button a total of 20 times until HW Address is showing.
Press the F4 button several times to exit out of the menu.