Moving Netpage Unlimited to another computer might sound difficult, however it is exceedingly easy.
The instructions below will help guide you through the step by step process.
Be sure to install the latest version of netpage if you are not using that already.
Put a Download of the latest version of Netpage Unlimited 2.9.65 on the target computer.
The product is discontinued and we are unable to download it. We left the article here as it can serve as a reference point, for those that might already have a download of the software needed.
We cannot provide a download of the program as it has been discontinued and a new download would have to be registered in order to work. The registration piece is gone / unable to be used beyond our control.
- Save the netpage software program to the desktop of the target computer
you may have a download file already called Install45 or NPU 2.9.65 computer called "Install 45"
- On the new computer, create a new folder on your desktop and name it something like: NPU 2.9.65 with Today’s date.
· Extract the downloaded zip folder of the program (might be called Install45) to this new folder you have created
On the Windows 7 computer where netpage is installed, go to the windows start menu, click on all programs and find LRS netpage unlimited
click on that, then click on the netpage server control panel
Or, if on a Windows 10 computer, in the search function, type in netpage and then in the search results, click on the Netpage server control panel
- This Opens a gray window
· Choose BACKUP
save a backup file to the computer and make sure you know where to find it
Then save that file to the computer where netpage will be installed.
Now you are ready to remove the program.
Next: you will need to Then turn off the netpage monitor
On the computer where netpage is installed go to the windows start menu again, click on all programs and find LRS netpage unlimited, (or if a windows 10 computer, type in netpage in the search field),
click on that, then click on the netpage monitor
- Now There is an icon in the task bar by the clock
· Right click this icon and choose “exit Net page monitor”
· Yes, you are sure you want to stop it
Now you are ready to uninstall the program– From the Grey Box with all the options (Net page server control panel only)
· Click on Remove
· Keep in mind you have already done the backup – just continue
· The program will uninstall
The New Install on the new computer
· Navigate to NPUsetup.ex… inside the new folder that you created earlier - (in which the zip folder was extracted to)
Double click on the NPUsetup file - application file. You will know it when you see it.
See screen shot below – the correct file to click on to install the program is the middle one.
- Just let it install – using all default locations and settings. Do not install netpage to some other drive and over think. The program will not work right as it will constantyl lose connection to the transmitter; if using LRS Hardware and pagers.
If it asks · US frequency 467.750 default
· When it starts talking about an email address, password, user name………….
· Use your email address and password = admin (all lower case, no spaces)
· This will install a working program – that is all that matters right now
· If it asks about windows security, please allow access
· If this is an upgrade and re-install, you will not need to right down the URL address to access the login page for using net page
· No need to install the driver
· Go to the Netpage server control panel
· Choose restore
· Navigate to the backup file and it will load that back into the program
· The restore will put the customer’s database back into the program so everything goes back to the way it was with all the right logins and passwords
Please login and test out the program.
Everything should be perfect.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the upgrade or if it did not resolve the issue.
Senior Customer Support Agent, LRS
Long Range Systems
(O) (800) 437-4996 ext 4106
(F) (214) 716-6541