You may need to add a new repeater to your ZigBee network or just reset an existing repeater and re-join it to the network. Below are the steps to follow:
- Return all trackers to their charging bases.
- Unplug all repeaters.
- If you are going to reset an existing repeater, Hold the button down on the left side for 5 whole seconds, the light on the repeater will turn solid green, and then unplug it. Leave the repeater(s) unplugged until associating that specific repeater.
- Got to the ipad and into the table tracker app, got to settings on the top left, devices, under the gateway, and make sure the preset is correct. You can verify this with an LRS Support agent if needed. Below that is a button to click on for "Add New Repeater"
- You should see the timer and you can choose continue.
- Plug in the repeater you want to join or rejoin to the network.
- Quickly press the recessed black button on the left side 5 times. All 5 presses must be within 3 seconds. Just use the pressure from your thumb - you should feel a click when you press it. It may be necessary to use a pen cap or other small object to press the button.
- The green light should start blinking --> The green LED light on the repeater will flash once it joins the table tracker ZigBee network.
- wait 10 seconds, then unplug the repeater and set it aside.
- Repeat steps 4-9 until all repeaters are in the network and paired to the gateway.
- Once all repeaters are paired, you can plug the repeaters in at the location(s) where they will remain during use. They should start to flash green within seconds after plugging them in.
- You might need to wait up to 20 minutes to verify that all repeaters are showing online on the Devices screen
- If any repeater does not show up with a firmware version after 20 minutes, then you need to reset the repeater again and join it to the network again.
NOTE: Sometimes it can take a few tries before the repeater joins the network.